Friday, January 18, 2008

Wetsuits Finale

Hot and just in from my good friend and surf photog extraordinaire, Jack Hudkins, in SoCal: heated wetsuits! Yeah, that's what I said and thought to myself, "Why didn't I think they already existed?"

Jack tells me there's an Australian company that's developed a heated wetsuit, actually a waist-type belt which is worn under any wetsuit. It provides warmth for up to one hour using some kind of chemical, or up to two hours using a waterproof battery pack. This for the fully accessorized waterman (or woman) who demands womb-like comfort in frigid conditions. Check it out at http://www.hotsuits.com.au/.

Has anyone out there tried one of these? I'd love to hear from you. As I said in an earlier post, wetsuit technology just keeps rolling along. I guess we have more money than we used to have in the earlier days of our sport, huh?

Oh yeah, check out Jack's website at http://asurfmoment.com for some fine surf photography. His work is also found in the latest edition of Surfer Magazine. Enjoy.

Alright, keep at it.

1 comment:

aSURFmoment.com said...

Thanks Skip!

Really enjoy your writing.

best,

jack.